1. ABS, (2017). Guidance notes on Qualifying New Technologies, American Bureau of Shipping, PP 45
2. API Recommended Practice 17N (2009), Recommended Practice for Subsea Production System Reliability and Technical Risk Management.
3. Austin, M. F., & York, D. M. (2015). System Readiness Assessment (SRA) an Illustrative Example. Procedia Computer Science, 44, 486–496. [DOI:10.1016/j.procs.2015.03.031
4. Azizian, N. Sakami, sh. and Mazzuchi.T. (2009). "A Comprehensive Review and Analysis of Maturity Assessment Approaches for Improved Decision Support to Achieve Efficient Defense Acquisition, Proceedings of the World Congress on Engineering and Computer Science 2009 Vol II WCECS 2009, October 20-22, 2009, San Francisco, USA, http://www.iaeng.org/publication/WCECS2009/WCECS2009_pp1150-1157.pdf
5. Azizian, N., Mazzuchi, T., Sakami, Sh. and David F. Rico D. (2011). A Framework for Evaluating Technology Readiness, System Quality, and Program Performance of U.S. DoD Acquisitions, Systems Engineering Vol.14, no. 4: 410-26. [DOI:10.1002/sys.20186
6. Bakke, Kjersti (2017), Technology readiness levels use and understanding, Master thesis, University College South-East Norway, last accessed 31/05/2018 https://brage.bibsys.no/xmlui/handle/11250/2452831
7. Bilbro J.W. (2007). A Suite of Tools for Technology Assessment. In Technology Maturity Conference: Multi-Dimensional Assessment of Technology Maturity. Virginia Beach, VA: AFRL. http://www.dtic.mil/cgi-bin/GetTRDoc?AD=ADA507181.
8. Bissell C. and Chapman D. (1992). Digital Signal Transmission. Cambridge University Press. UK [DOI:10.1017/CBO9781139172547
9. Browning, T. (2001). Applying the Design Structure Matrix to System Decomposition and Integration Problems: A Review and New Directions, IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management. 48(3):292-306, 200.
10. Browning, T. (2002). Modelling Impacts of Process Architecture on Cost and Schedule Risk in Product Development, IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management. 49(4), pp 428-442. [DOI:10.1109/TEM.2002.806709
11. Browning, T.R. (2016). Design structure matrix extensions and innovations: a survey and new opportunities, IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON ENGINEERING MANAGEMENT, VOL. 63, NO. 1, February 2016.
12. DNV-RP-A203 (2011). Qualification of new technology. Det Norske Veritas, Høvik, Norway.
13. Dowling, T. and Pardoe T. (2005). TIMPA - Technology Insertion Metrics, Volume 1, Ministry of Defence, United Kingdom, QinetiQ.
14. Eppinger, S.D. and Browning, T.R. (2012). Design Structure Matrix Methods and Applications (Engineering Systems), MIT Press, 19-Jun-2012, 280 pages. ISBN-10: 0262017520DoD, Director, Research and Engineering (DDR&E), "Technology Readiness Assessment (TRA) Deskbook", July 2009, Appendix F.
15. Gove, R. (2007). Development of an Integration Ontology for Systems Operational Effectiveness, Department of Systems Engineering and Engineering Management, Stevens Institute of Technology, Hoboken.
16. Gove, R., B. Sauser, and J. Ramirez-Marquez. (2007). Integration Maturity Metrics: Development of an Integration Readiness Level. In Stevens Institute of Technology, School of Systems and Enterprises Hoboken, NJ: SSE_S&EM_004_2007.
17. Homeland Security Institute, (2009), "Department of Homeland Security Science and Technology Readiness Level Calculator (ver 1.1) Final Report and User's Manual," Jesus, G.T. and Chagas, M.F. (2018). Integration Readiness levels Evaluation and Systems Architecture: A Literature Review, International Journal of Advanced Engineering Research and Science (IJAERS), Vol-5, Issue-4, pp73-84.
18. Kujawski, E. (2010). The trouble with the System Readiness Level (SRL) index for managing the acquisition of defense systems National Defense Industrial Association 13th Annual Systems Engineering Conference October 25-28, 2010, San Diego.
19. Katz, D.R., Sakami, S., Mazzuchi, T., and Conrow, E.H., (2015), "The Relationship of Technology and Design Maturity to DoD Weapon System Cost Change and Schedule Change During Engineering and Manufacturing Development," Syst. Eng., vol. 18, no. 1, pp. 1–15. [DOI:10.1111/sys.21281
20. Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers - IEEE, International Electrotechnical Commission - IEC, & International Organization for Standardization - ISO. (2007). ISO/IEC 26702-2007 IEEE 1220-2005 Standard for Systems Engineering - Application and Management of the Systems Engineering Process. Geneva, Switzerland: ISO/IEC/IEEE. [DOI:10.1109/IEEESTD.2007.386502
21. ISO 16290:2013, (2013). Preview Space systems -- Definition of the Technology Readiness Levels (TRLs) and their criteria of assessment. Pp 12.
22. London, M. A., Holzer, T. H., Eveleigh, T. J., & Sakami, S. (2014). Incidence matrix approach forcalculating readiness levels. Journal of SystemsScience and Systems Engineering, 23(4), 377–403. [DOI:10.1007/s11518-014-5255-8
23. Lord, F.M. (1953). on the statistical treatment of football numbers, 1953, American Psychologist, 8, 750-751,http://www.stat.wharton.upenn.edu/~hwainer/Readings/Frederick%20Lord_On%20the%20statistical%20treatment%20of%20football%20numbers.pdf [DOI:10.1037/h0063675
24. Mankins, J. C. (1995). Technology Readiness Levels. Washington, USA, [DOI:10.1080/08956308.2010.11657640
25. Mankins, J. C. (2009). Technology readiness assessments: A retrospective. Acta Astronautica, 65(9–10), 1216–1223. [DOI:10.1016/j.actaastro.2009.03.058
26. Mankins, J. C. 2002. Approaches to Strategic Research and Technology (R&T) Analysis and Road Mapping. Acta Astronautica 51 (1-9): pp. 3
27. McConkie, E., Mazzuchi, T., Sakami, S., Marchette, D. (2013). Mathematical properties of System Readiness Levels. Systems Engineering, v 16, n 4, p 391-400. [DOI:10.1002/sys.21237
28. MoD. UK Ministry of Defence, (2008) "System Readiness Levels (SRLs)", AOF Technology Management Policy, Information and Guidance on the Technology Management aspects of Defence Acquisition version 1.0.1, available at: http://www.aof.mod.uk/aofcontent/tactical/techman/content/srl_whatarethey. Last accessed 10/10/2012.
29. MoD. UK Ministry of Defence, (2011). Defence Technology Strategy for the Demands of the 21st Century, http://www.mod.uk/nr/rdonlyres/27787990-42bd-4883-95c0-b48bb72bc982/0/dts_complete.pdf. Last accessed 12/10/2012.
30. NASA, (2007), NASA Systems Engineering Handbook, Washington, D.C.
31. The NASA technology push towards future space mission systems. Acta Astronautica, 20, 73–77. [DOI:10.1016/0094-5765(89)90054-4
32. Nolte, W. L., Kennedy, B. M., & Dziegiel, R. J. J. (2003). Technology Readiness Level Calculator. White Paper: Air Force Research Laboratory, 2004.http://www.dtic.mil/ndia/2003systems/nolte2.pdf
33. Olechowski, A. L., Eppinger, S. D., & Joglekar, N. (2015). Technology readiness levels at 40: A study of state-of-the-art use, challenges, and opportunities. In Portland International Conference on Management of Engineering and Technology (PICMET). Portland, USA: IEEE. [DOI:10.1109/PICMET.2015.7273196
34. Sauser, B., J. Ramirez-Marquez, D. Henry, D. Dimarzio, and J. Rosen. 2007. Methods for Estimating System Readiness Levels. The School of Systems and Enterprises White Paper. Hoboken NJ: Stevens Institute of Technology.
35. Sauser, B., J. Ramirez-Marquez, R. Magnaye, and W. Tan. 2008. System Maturity Indices for Decision Support in the Defense Acquisition Process. In 5th Annual Acquisition Symposium. Monterey, CA.
36. Sauser, B., D. Verma, and J. Ramirez-Marquez. (2006). From TRL to SRL: The Concept of Systems Readiness Levels. In Conference on Systems Engineering Research. Los Angeles, CA.
37. Sauser, Brian, Jose Ramirez-Marquez, D. Henry, and D. Dimarzio. (2008). A System Maturity Index for the Systems Engineering Life Cycle. International Journal of Industrial and Systems Engineering 3. [DOI:10.1504/IJISE.2008.020680
38. Sadin, S. R., Povinelli, F. P., & Rosen, R. (1989).
39. Smith, J. D. (2005). An Alternative to Technology Readiness Levels for Non-Developmental Item (NDI) Software. Proceedings of the 38th Annual Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences. https://www.computer.org/csdl/proceedings/hicss/2005/2268/09/22680315a.pdf [DOI:10.1109/HICSS.2005.77
40. Stevens, S. S., (1946). On the Theory of Scales of Measurement, Science, New Series, Vol. 103, No. 2684. (Jun. 7, 1946), pp. 677-680. Available at:http://marces.org/EDMS623/Stevens%20SS%20(1946)%20On%20the%20Theory%20of%20Scales%20of%20Measurement.pdf
41. Tomaschek, K., Olechowski, A. L., Eppinger, S. D., & Joglekar, N. R. (2016). A Survey of Technology Readiness Level Users. In INCOSE International Symposium (IS 2016) (Vol. 26, pp. 2101–2117). Edinburgh, UK. [DOI:10.1002/j.2334-5837.2016.00283.x
42. US Department of Defense, "Technology Readiness Assessment (TRA) Guidance," 2011. Available: http://www.acq.osd.mil/chieftechnologist/publications/docs/TRA2011.pdf.
43. Yasseri S. (2013). "Subsea system readiness level assessment" Int. Journal of Underwater Technology 31: 77–92 [DOI:10.3723/ut.31.077
44. Yasseri S., (2014). "Application of system engineering to subsea development," Int. Journal of Underwater Technology,32:93–109 [DOI:10.3723/ut.32.093
45. Yasseri S. (2015). Interface management of subsea field development. Underwater Technology Vol.33, No. 1, pp 41–57. [DOI:10.3723/ut.33.041
46. Yasseri S. (2015). "Evidence-based subsea engineering," Int. Journal of Underwater Technology Vol. 32, No. 4, pp. 231-244. [DOI:10.3723/ut.32.231
47. Yasseri S., (2016), "A measure of subsea readiness level development," Int. Journal of Underwater Technology Vol. 33, No. 4, pp 215-228. [DOI:10.3723/ut.33.215
48. Yasseri S. Bahai, H and Yasseri, R., (2018a). "A Systems Engineering Framework for Delivering Reliable Subsea Equipment," 2018-TPC-035, ISOPE 2018, Japan. Accepted for publication
49. Yasseri S. Bahai, H and Yasseri, R., (2018b). "Reliability Assurance of Subsea Production Systems: A Systems Engineering Framework, IJCOE Vol.1, No. 1, pp 31-46.