1. Adams, MJ, Tenney, YJ, and Pew, RW (1995). "Situation awareness and the cognitive management of complex systems," Human Factors, 37(1), 85-104. [DOI:10.1518/001872095779049462
2. Baker, CC and Seah, AK (2004). "Maritime Accidents and Human Performance: the Statistical Trail," MARTECH 2004, Singapore, 225-239,
3. Boraz SC. (2009). "Maritime Domain Awareness -Myths and Realities Naval War College Review," 62(3), 137-146.
5. DNV-OS-H102, (2012). Marine Operations, Design and Fabrication. 35 pp. [https://rules.dnvgl.com/docs/pdf/DNV/codes/docs/2012-01/Os-H102.pdf
6. Endsley M, (2012). Designing for Situation Awareness: An Approach to User-Centred Design. CRC Press; 2nd edition, 396pp
7. Endsley M (1998). "Situation Awareness in Aviation Systems," In Garland, DJ, Wise, JA and Hopkin, VD (Eds). Handbook of Aviation Human Errors. CRC Press; 1 edition. ISBN-10: 0805816801
8. Endsley, MR (2000a). "Theoretical underpinnings of situation awareness: A critical review," In M. R. Endsley & D. J. Garland (Eds.), Situation awareness analysis and measurement, Mahwah, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates, 3-33.
9. Endsley, MR (2000b). " Situation models: An avenue to the modelling of mental models," Proceedings of the 14th Triennial Congress of the International Ergonomics Association and the 44th Annual Meeting of the Human Factors and Ergonomics Society, Santa Monica, CA: HFES, 1-61-1-64
10. Endsley, MR, and Robertson, MM (2000). "Training for situation awareness in individuals and teams," In M. R. Endsley & D. J. Garland (Eds.), Situation awareness analysis and measurement Mahwah, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates. 349-367.
11. Finch D (2011). "Comprehensive Undersea Domain Awareness: A Conceptual Model," Canadian Naval Review, 7(3), 21-26.
12. Garland DJ and Endsley MR (2000). Situation Awareness Analysis and Measurement, CRC Press, 371pp
13. Grech, MR., and Horberry, T (2002). "Human Error in Maritime Operations: Analysis of Accident Reports Using the Leximancer Tool," Brisbane: University of Queensland, Brisbane, 1-5. [DOI:10.1177/154193120204601906
14. Grech M, Horberry T. and Koester T (2008). Human Factors in the Maritime Domain, CRC Press, 216pp.
15. G-OMO (2013), Guidelines for Offshore Marine Operations Revision: 0611-1401 dated 06/11/2013, 292 pp.
16. Kaber DB, and Endsley M. (1998). "Team Situation Awareness for Process Control Safety and Performance," Process Safety Progress 17(1), 43-48 [DOI:10.1002/prs.680170110
17. Kaber, DB and MA, R (2005. "Situation awareness and workload in driving while using adaptive cruise control and a cell phone," International Journal of Industrial Ergonomics 35, 939–953
18. Harrald, J, and Jefferson, T (2007). "Shared Situational Awareness in Emergency Management Mitigation and Response," Proceedings of the 40th Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences 50(3): p. 44.
19. Hoermann H-J et al (2003), "Enhanced Safety through Situation Awareness Integration in training", ESSAI NLR-CR-2003-064, Project funded by the European Community under the 'Competitive and Sustainable Growth' Programme (1998-2002), 49 pp. [http://www.transport-research.info/sites/default/files/project/documents/20060727_144319_28057_ESSAI
20. Hone, G, Martin, L, and Ayres, R. (2006). "Awareness – does the acronym "SA" still have any value?" Coalition Command and Control in the Networked Era, 11th ICCRTS conference, 14pp [http://www.dodccrp.org/events/11th_ICCRTS/html/papers/071.pdf
21. Hudson, PTW, & Graaf, GC, (1998). "The Rule of Three: Situation awareness in hazardous situations," paper SPE 46765 presented at the 1998 SPE International Conference on Health, Safety and Environment in Oil and Gas Exploration and Production, Caracas, Venezuela, 4pp.
22. ISO 19901-6:2009 Petroleum and natural gas industries - Specific requirements for offshore structures - Part 6: Marine operations
23. Jones, D G, and Endsley, MR (1996). "Sources of situation awareness errors in aviation," Aviation, Space, and Environmental Medicine, 67(6), 507-512
24. Nardon, L (2007). "Space Situational Awareness and International Policy," Document de travail 14, Paris, ifri Programme Espace, 8pp.
25. Parush, A, Hunter A, Campbell C, Calder L, Frank J, Ma Ch., Worthington, J, and Abbott C (2011). "Situational Awareness and Patient Safety," The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, 35pp.
26. Sarter, NB, and Woods, DD (1991). "Situation awareness: A critical but ill-defined phenomenon," The International Journal of Aviation Psychology, 1(1), 45-57. [DOI:10.1207/s15327108ijap0101_4
27. Smith, K, and Hancock, PA (1994). "Situation awareness is adaptive, externally directed consciousness," In R.D. Gilson, D.J. Garland, and J.M. Koonce (Eds.), Situational awareness in complex systems (Daytona Beach, FL: Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University Press, 1994. 59-68.
28. Stanton, N. A.; Chambers, P. R. G. & Piggott, J. (2001) Situational awareness and safety. Safety Science 39 189-204. [DOI:10.1016/S0925-7535(01)00010-8
29. Wright, SM. and Michael D. Fallacaro, MD (2011). "Predictors of Situation Awareness in Student Registered Nurse Anaesthetists," AANA Journal, 79(6), 484-490.